Happy November, Darlings! With Thanksgiving quickly approaching we thought it would be nice to come up with some ways to show unique gratitude this month. We've noticed that finding little ways to be grateful everyday can lead to a much happier and positive life.
1. Gratitude Journal: At the beginning of your day, write down 5 things you are grateful for. Start your day off with some positive thoughts and just wait to see how amazing your life starts to become. If you wrote down you are thankful for a specific person, tell them. They should know!
2. Share your talents + passions with others: Give one of your friends a piece of your artwork or service for free! Offer to teach a stranger about a topic you are knowledgeable in. Maybe you're great at finances & know a friend is struggling with budgeting. Maybe you're a great party planner & your friend needs help decorating for their company holiday party. Whatever your talent or profession may be, share it with others for free this month.
3. Write a hand-written thank you note: Leave a note on a mini pumpkin on your co-workers desk telling them why you appreciate them!
4. Buy a coffee for someone behind you in line: Who wouldn't love a free Starbucks??
5. Give a larger tip than usual: Coming from serving experience, we can't tell you how much it means when a guest leaves a tip over 20%. They are working hard for that money, show them that you appreciate their effort!
7. Save your left-overs and give it to someone in need: After working in restaurants, we are disgusted by how much food goes to waste! Your left-overs could be someone else's dinner. Do not throw away that perfect piece of bread or delicious steak. Heck - we would probably eat it!
The point of this post is to remind you Darlings that even when times may be tough and you're hurting or frustrated, it's important to stop & find things to be thankful for. Whether it's your health, family, job, or just the fact that you have a roof over your head, there is always a way to show gratitude!
Photo credit: Kaylee Chelsea Photography